By Times Staff Writer
Published February 22, 2008
Begonia Society of Tampa Bay: Find out about leaf propagation at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Tate Distribution Center, 6401 N 54th St. First-time guests get a free begonia. Call 813 779-7641 or (813) 838-0374.
Begonia Show: The 2nd annual Begonia Society of Tampa Bay Begonia Show and Sale is in conjunction with the Temple Terrace Garden Club's Spring Market from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 15 at Woodmont Park, 415 Woodmont Ave., Temple Terrace. Call (813) 779-7641 or (813) 838-0374.
Horticultural Therapy Conference: Find out how plants can be used to enrich people's lives at the Horticultural Therapy Conference at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Hillsborough County Extension Office, 5339 County Road 579, Seffner. The theme is Special Populations Using Horticultural Therapy. Cost is $45 for Florida Chapter of the American Horticultural Therapy Association members and $50 for nonmembers. Call (813) 744-5519 or visit www.fahta.org.
Hillsborough County Extension master gardener programs:
- Master gardener Marina D' Abreau will talk about Propagation at 7 p.m. March 10 at the Lutz Branch Library, 101 Lutz-Lake Fern Road. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Pat O'Shea will talk about Butterfly Gardening at 10 a.m. March 11 at the Austin Davis Public Library, 17808 Wayne Road, Odessa. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Eileen Hart will talk about Ferns & Staghorns for Florida at 7 p.m. March 11 at the Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W Bearss Ave. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Peggy Eggleston will talk about Butterfly Gardening at 10 a.m. March 13 at the New Tampa Regional Library, 1001 Cross Creek Blvd. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Lucy Hoyt will talk about Our Top 40 Favorite Plants at 10 a.m. March 15 at the Town 'N Country Regional Library temporary location, Thompson Center Waters, 5455 W Waters Ave., Suite 208. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Virginia Overstreet will talk about Nine Steps to a Florida-Friendly Yard at 7 p.m. March 18 at the Temple Terrace Public Library, 202 Bullard Parkway. Call (813) 989-7160.
- Master gardener Adrienne DeNisco will talk about What's in a Name at 10 a.m. March 19 at the North Tampa Branch Library, 8916 N Boulevard. Call (813) 273-3652.
Send garden announcements to email@example.com or fax to (813) 269-5310.
[Last modified February 21, 2008, 22:48:28]
[an error occurred while processing this directive]