[an error occurred while processing this directive]
|Email story||Comment||Letter to the editor|
By Times Staff Writer
Published March 7, 2008
Tampa Bay Orchid Society: The Tampa Bay Orchid Society Show and Sale, "Rainforest Orchid Fantasy" is 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Bayanihan Arts & Events Center, 14301 Nine Eagles Drive. The event features orchids and orchid supplies, an orchid doctor booth and a repotting area. The cost is $4. Call 813 310-7676 or visit www.tampabayorchidsociety.com.
Tampa Orchid Club: More than 250 orchids are up for bids at the Tampa Orchid Club auction at 10 a.m. Saturday at the USF Botanical Gardens, 4202 Fowler Ave. The event will feature the auction, orchid workshops, and more. The cost is $5 for members and $7 for nonmembers. Proceeds benefit the Tampa Orchid Society, which maintains the orchid collection at the botanical gardens. Call (813) 654-2049, (813) 963-7454 or visit tampaorchidclub.info.
Begonia show: The Begonia Society of Tampa Bay Begonia Show and Sale is in conjunction with the Temple Terrace Garden Club's Spring Market from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 15 at Woodmont Park, 415 Woodmont Ave., Temple Terrace. Call (813) 779-7641 or (813) 838-0374.
Hillsborough County Extension master gardener programs:
- Master gardener Marina D' Abreau will talk about propagation at 7 p.m. Monday at the Lutz Branch Library, 101 Lutz-Lake Fern Road. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Pat O'Shea will talk about butterfly gardening at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Austin Davis Public Library, 17808 Wayne Road, Odessa. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Eileen Hart will talk about ferns and staghorns for Florida at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Jimmie B. Keel Regional Library, 2902 W Bearss Ave. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Peggy Eggleston will talk about butterfly gardening at 10 a.m. Thursday at the New Tampa Regional Library, 1001 Cross Creek Blvd. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Lucy Hoyt will talk about Our Top 40 Favorite Plants at 10 a.m. March 15 at the Town 'N Country Regional Library temporary location, Thompson Center Waters, 5455 W Waters Ave., Suite 208. Call (813) 273-3652.
- Master gardener Virginia Overstreet will talk about Nine Steps to a Florida-Friendly Yard at 7 p.m. March 18 at the Temple Terrace Public Library, 202 Bullard Parkway. Call (813) 989-7160.
Send garden announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (813) 269-5310.
[Last modified March 6, 2008, 23:01:13]