First quarter: Play by play
By Times staff writer
© St. Petersburg Times, published January 29, 2001
Giants win toss and elect to receive. Dixon 17 return to 21.
1-10-NY21: Ravens offsides
1-5-NY26: Collins pass inc.
2-5-NY26: Barber 0 run
3-5-NY26: Collins pass inc.
1-10-B37: Dilfer 4 pass to Holmes
2-6-B41: Dilfer pass inc.
3-6-B41: Dilfer pass inc.
1-10-NY13: Burnett -5 sack
2-15-NY8: Barber 1 run
3-14-NY9: Collins 5 run
1-10-B49: Lewis 0 run.
2-10-B49: Dilfer pass inc.
3-10-B49: Giants offsides
3-5-NY46: Dilfer pass inc.
1-10-NY1: Giants offsides
1-10-NY1: Collins pass inc.
2-10-NY1: Collins 13 pass to Hilliard
1-10-NY14: Montgomery 4 run
2-6-NY18: Barber 1 run
3-5-NY19: Collins pass inc.
1-10-NY41: Lewis 3 run
2-7-NY38: Stokley 38 pass from Dilfer. Stover kick. 7-0.
Dixon 11 kickoff return
1-10-NY14: Collins 2 pass to Comella.
2-8-NY16: Barber 2 run
3-6-NY18: Collins 2 run
1-10-B28: Ravens false start
1-15-B23: Lewis 2 run
2-13-B25: Lewis 2 run
3-11-B27: Dilfer pass inc.
1-10-NY39: Collins pass inc.
2-10-NY39: Collins 2 pass to Barber
3-8-NY41: Collins pass inc.
1-10-B23: Dilfer pass inc.
2-10-B23: Lewis 5 run
3-5-B28: Dilfer pass inc.
1-10-NY40: Barber 1 run.
End of quarter
Today's Super Bowl story lineup
- Rockin' Ravens
- MVP caps Lewis' strange journey
- 'We're the greatest of all-time'
- Q&A with Brian Billick
- Modell savors a Super year at last in a different city
- Ravens win doesn't improve Cleveland's mood
- I see your return, and raise you one
- Ravens defense stakes its claim
- Mizell: Trent in land of wonder
- Shelton: Baltimore's defense leaves a lasting impact
- Fry: QB Collins should shoulder the blame
- Ginn: CBS' new replay system a look into the future
- Zucco; For some, it's the party, not the game
- Deggans: Pregame coverage lacked local images
- Auman: Third quarter tests Internet's immediacy
- Trigaux: Ads, not football, supreme in Super Schmooze XXXV
- Giants grasp for answers
- Q&A with Jim Fassel
- Dungy a bit surprised by game's outcome
- Ravens rose on Giants' mistakes
Inside the game
- Super Bowl XXXV by the numbers
- Breathtaking returns: Starks, Dixon, Lewis
- Sehorn coverage error leads to touchdown
- Look familiar? Defense gets ball, offense runs
- First quarter: Play by play
- First quarter: Best & worst
- Penalty negates a big play for the Giants
- Second quarter: Best & worst
- Second quarter: Play by play
- Third quarter: Play by play
- Third quarter: Best & worst
- Best 36 seconds in Super Bowl history
- Fourth quarter: Play by play
- Fourth Quarter: Key Play
- Fourth quarter: Best & worst
- Big game and week before it seen as win for bay area
- What they're saying: Stupidity rules the roads
Beyond the sidelines
- Four bars' patrons quaff winnings of Bud Bowl
- Big crowds, big spenders
- Altruism? That's the (free) ticket
- Many avoid traffic nightmares
- Tickets stolen? Too bad
- Unusual musical pairings bring fire to day's festivities
- Area dancers show pregame joy, nerves
- Corporate America buys star execs ultimate party
- Some just don't care about the big game
- On Super Bowl Sunday, the party's anywhere
- Celebrity watch
- Brought to you by ...