By MARY ELMORE and EVE LEBERSON
© St. Petersburg Times, published May 20, 2001
1. FLETCHER AVENUE AT NEBRASKA AVENUE, MAY 4, 7:05 A.M.: A southbound 1984 Mazda crossed the westbound lanes into the path of a westbound 1996 Chrysler. The Mazda driver, a 29-year-old man, was charged with violation of right of way and no proof of insurance.
2. CASEY ROAD AT WATER OAKS LANE, MAY 4, 11:55 A.M.
3. FLORIDA AVENUE AT LAKE MAGDALENE BOULEVARD, MAY 4, 2:20 P.M.: An unknown southbound vehicle made a sudden lane change into the path of a southbound 1990 Audi. The Audi swerved, lost control, spun, hit the curb and flipped onto its roof. The unknown vehicle fled the scene.
4. LINEBAUGH AVENUE AT WILSKY BOULEVARD, MAY 4, 8:14 P.M.
5. U.S. 41 AT LUTZ-LAKE FERN ROAD, MAY 4, 8:20 P.M.
6. BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD AT AMBERLY DRIVE, MAY 5, 2:46 A.M.
7. FLETCHER AVENUE AT E 133RD AVENUE, MAY 5, 2:59 P.M.
8. INTERSTATE 275 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 5, 4:49 P.M.: The front right wheel detached from a northbound 1990 Ford truck. The front end of the Ford hit the pavement, slid and sideswiped 30 feet of guard rail. The driver, an 80-year-old man, was charged with having defective equipment and was taken to Veteran's Hospital.
9. FLETCHER AVENUE AT DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, MAY 6, 12:29 A.M.
10. AMBERLY DRIVE AT BURCHETTE DRIVE, MAY 6, 2:40 A.M.: An eastbound 1995 Volkswagen was traveling 60 mph in a 30 mph zone. The Volkswagen lost control, skid 200 feet, hit a light pole and came to rest upside-down against a tree. The driver, a 22-year-old man, was charged with careless driving and violation of a driver's license restriction. He was taken to University Community Hospital.
11. RACE TRACK ROAD AT HILLSBOROUGH AVENUE, MAY 6, 12:01 P.M.
12. FOWLER AVENUE AT N 17TH STREET, MAY 6, 12:40 P.M.: An unknown vehicle backed into a parked 1998 Acura and the driver fled the scene. There was minor damage to the bumper and no injuries. 13. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT COMPTON DRIVE, MAY 6, 7:24 P.M.: A northbound 2000 Honda hit the side of a 2001 Ford van as it crossed the intersection. There were no charges or injuries reported.
14. NORTH BOULEVARD AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 7, 8:23 A.M.
15. FLETCHER AVENUE AT 15TH STREET, MAY 7, 3:02 P.M.
16. FLETCHER AVENUE AT TELECOM DRIVE, MAY 7, 3:18 P.M.
17. CITRUS PARK TOWN CENTER BOULEVARD AT GUNN HIGHWAY, MAY 7, 3:58 P.M.
18. NEBRASKA AVENUE AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 8, 11:20 A.M.: A northbound 2000 Honda rear-ended a 1993 Nissan truck that stopped for a vehicle ahead to make a U-turn. The Honda driver, a 24-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving.
19. BEARSS AVENUE AT HAVEN BEND, MAY 8, 1:04 P.M.
20. BEARSS AVENUE AT DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, MAY 8, 2:01 P.M.
21. 12TH STREET AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 8, 2:28 P.M.
22. FLETCHER AVENUE AT 50TH STREET, MAY 9, 8:23 A.M.
23. SHELDON ROAD AT WATERS AVENUE, MAY 9, 3:24 P.M.
24. VAN DYKE ROAD AT OLD TOBACCO ROAD, MAY 9, 8:16 P.M.
25. GUNN HIGHWAY AT VAN DYKE ROAD, MAY 10, 6:35 A.M.
26. CHADBOURNE DRIVE AT PLANTATION BOULEVARD, MAY 10, 7:57 A.M.
27. CASEY ROAD AT JACKSON ROAD, MAY 10, 8:54 A.M.
28. FLETCHER AVENUE AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, MAY 10, 12:26 P.M.
29. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, MAY 10, 3:45 P.M.: A northbound 2000 Nissan turned left into the path of a 1997 Cadillac. The Nissan driver, a 53-year-old woman, was charged with violation of right of way.
30. BRUCE B. DOWNS AT LAKE FOREST DRIVE, MAY 10, 8:46 P.M.
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111
From the Times