By MARY ELMORE
© St. Petersburg Times, published May 27, 2001
1. EHRLICH ROAD AT CASEY ROAD, MAY 11, 3:20 A.M.: A westbound 2001 Toyota hit the front of an arrow board directing traffic into the left lane for construction. The driver, a 31-year-old woman, was charged with DUI with property damage.
2. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT LAKE CARROLL WAY, MAY 11, 11:50 A.M.: A northbound 1997 Freight truck rear-ended a 1997 Ford truck pushing it into the rear of a 2000 Dodge truck. The Freight truck driver, a 42-year-old man, was charged with careless driving and no proof of insurance.
3. INTERSTATE 275 AT BEARSS AVENUE, MAY 11, 1:45 P.M.: A southbound 1995 Ford rear-ended a 1998 Lincoln that was stopped for traffic. The Ford fled the scene but a witness got the tag number. Efforts to contact the owner have been unsuccessful.
4. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT BEARSS AVENUE, MAY 12, 2:25 P.M.: A northbound 2001 Chevrolet truck changed lanes into the side of a 1994 Nissan. The Chevrolet's driver, a 16-year-old girl, was charged with improper lane change.
5. BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD AT REGENTS PARK DRIVE, MAY 12, 3:45 P.M.: An unknown vehicle fled the scene after hitting an unoccupied parked 1999 Mazda in the Wal-Mart shopping plaza parking lot.
6. COMMERCE PARK BOULEVARD AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, MAY 12, 3:50 P.M.: An eastbound 2001 Dodge truck pulled out of a private drive into the side of a 1998 Ford sport utility vehicle. The Dodge's driver, a 63-year-old man, was charged with violation of right of way.
7. BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD AT GILLIGANS WAY, MAY 12, 7:30 P.M.: A vehicle was traveling at an unknown speed in Cypress Run apartment complex and hit an 8-year-old boy on his bicycle. The vehicle fled the scene. No injuries were reported.
8. FLETCHER AVENUE AT 46TH STREET, MAY 13, 5:13 P.M.: A westbound 1992 Lincoln rear-ended a 1995 Nissan, pushing the Nissan into the rear of a 1998 Buick. The Lincoln's driver, a 25-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving and an unregistered vehicle. The Nissan's driver, a 49-year-old woman, was charged with no proof of insurance.
9. INTERSTATE 75 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 13, 6:50 P.M.: A southbound 1987 Mercury rear-ended a 1997 Chevrolet minivan that was slowing for an entrance ramp. No charges or injuries were reported.
10. INTERSTATE 275 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 14, 7:50 A.M.: A southbound 1996 Chevrolet truck rear-ended a 1994 Nissan that was stopped for traffic. The Chevrolet driver, a 19-year-old man, was charged with careless driving and no proof of insurance.
11. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT HUDSON LANE, MAY 14, 8:25 A.M.: A southbound 1997 Acura rear-ended a 1997 Dodge that was stopped for traffic.
12. INTERSTATE 275 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 14, 10:45 A.M.: A northbound unknown vehicle with a trailer veered into the lane of a 1991 Dodge van. It sideswiped the Dodge and fled the scene. The Dodge's driver, a 49-year-old man, followed the vehicle and recorded its license plate number. The leasing company that owns the trailer was contacted but has not provided information to conclude the investigation.
13. PARK EDGE DRIVE AT HIDDEN RIVER PARKWAY, MAY 15, 7:15 A.M.: A southbound 1994 Chevrolet was coming out of a parking lot and hit a 2001 Plymouth broadside. The Chevrolet driver, a 26-year-old man, was charged with violation of right of way and no proof of insurance.
14. GINGER PINEWAY DRIVE AT AUTUMN WOODS AVENUE, MAY 15, 8:45 A.M.: A westbound 1989 International truck turned left into the side of a parked 1998 Chevrolet. The truck fled the scene.
15. SUGAR BROOKE DRIVE AT SHADOW BRANCH DRIVE, MAY 15, 10:10 A.M.: A 1993 Ford was backing out of a driveway and hit a parked 1998 Isuzu. The Ford driver, a 20-year-old woman, was charged with improper backing.
16. 50TH STREET AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 15, 5:16 P.M.: A northbound 1999 Buick rear-ended a 2001 Saturn that was stopped for a red light. The Buick driver, a 30-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving.
17. INTERSTATE 275 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 15, 9:03 P.M.: A northbound unknown vehicle drifted off the side of the road, hit a light pole, stopped briefly and then fled the scene.
18. INTERSTATE 275 AT FLETCHER AVENUE, MAY 16, 8:55 A.M.: A southbound 1993 Ford rear-ended a 2000 Honda. The Ford's driver, a 46-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.
19. FLETCHER AVENUE AT FLORIDA AVENUE, MAY 16, 4:09 P.M.: A southbound 1989 Toyota turned left on a yellow light into the path of an eastbound 1999 Pontiac. The Toyota's driver, a 32-year-old woman, was charged with turning left in front of approaching traffic. A passenger in the Pontiac, a 23-year-old woman, was taken to University Community Hospital.
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111
From the Times