By MARY ELMORE
© St. Petersburg Times,
1. NEBRASKA AVENUE AT 142ND AVENUE, JUNE 8, 3:50 P.M.: A southbound 2000 Ford truck changed lanes and rear-ended a 1997 Dodge truck causing the Dodge to rear-end a 1980 freight truck. The Ford driver, a 23-year-old man, was charged with improper lane change, no proof of insurance and failure to carry and exhibit registration.
2. PALM ROYAL DRIVE AT VALLEY DRIVE, JUNE 8, 1:30 P.M.: A 22-year-old woman discovered that her 1997 Buick was hit by a car in a parking lot. The unknown vehicle broke off the left mirror and damaged the left door.
3. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT FLETCHER AVENUE, JUNE 8, 6:15 P.M.: A southbound 1996 Infiniti ran a red light into the path of an eastbound 2000 Chevrolet. The Infiniti spun clockwise through the intersection and hit a 2001 Toyota. The Infiniti then hit a northbound 2000 Volkswagen broadside. The Infiniti driver, a 16-year-old girl, was charged with running a red light.
4. INTERSTATE 275 AT BEARSS AVENUE, JUNE 9, 11:33 A.M.: A southbound 2000 Chevrolet truck merged and crossed into the path of a 1993 Freightliner cargo truck. The Freightliner driver swerved and sideswiped a 1997 Ford. The Ford hit a concrete wall. The Chevrolet driver left the scene without providing driver information.
5. BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD AT MASTERS COURT, JUNE 9, 7 P.M.: A northbound unknown vehicle hit a parked 2001 Toyota in a private parking lot and fled heading south.
6. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT PALM SPRINGS BOULEVARD, JUNE 11, 11:50 A.M.: An eastbound 1997 Ford truck pulled out to turn right when a 2000 Nissan crossed its path. The 51-year-old Ford driver braked and swerved but was unable to avoid the collision. The Nissan driver, a 31-year-old woman, was charged with violation of right of way. The injured were taken to University Community Hospital.
7. INTERSTATE 75 AT BRUCE B DOWNS BOULEVARD, JUNE 11, 2:33 P.M.: A southbound 2000 Ford rear-ended a 1995 Honda that was slowing for traffic. The Ford driver, a 60-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving. The Honda driver, a 23-year-old woman, was charged with no proof of insurance.
8. TAMPA PALMS BOULEVARD AT BRUCE B. DOWNS BOULEVARD, JUNE 11, 5:45 P.M.: According to a witness, the driver of a 1999 Kia van was slumped over in her seat and hit a tree. The driver did not react to sounding horns of traffic and appeared to be experiencing a seizure. The 23-year-old woman was taken to University Community Hospital.
9. INTERSTATE 275 AT BEARSS AVENUE, JUNE 11, 7:25 P.M.: A northbound 1985 Chevrolet truck went onto the shoulder of the road, over corrected, and came to a rest on a dirt pile and fence. The driver, a 37-year-old woman, said that another vehicle ran over the center line. She was charged with failure to exhibit drivers license upon demand.
10. STALL ROAD AT DALE MABRY HIGHWAY, JUNE 12, 12:21 P.M.: A westbound 2001 Toyota rear-ended a 1998 Toyota. The 2001 Toyota driver, a 89-year-old woman, said that her foot slipped off the brake. She was charged with careless driving.
11. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT NORTHDALE BOULEVARD, JUNE 12, 2:06 P.M.: A southbound 1995 Chevrolet rear-ended a 1998 Jeep. The Chevrolet driver, a 22-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving.
12. FLETCHER AVENUE AT INTERSTATE 275, JUNE 12, 3:24 P.M.: An eastbound 1995 Dodge rear-ended a 1989 Jeep truck. The Dodge driver, a 20-year-old woman, was charged with careless driving.
13. BEARSS AVENUE AT FISHER ROAD, JUNE 13, 11:04 A.M.: An eastbound 1997 Isuzu truck rear-ended a 1999 Jeep. The Isuzu driver, a 39-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.
14. DALE MABRY HIGHWAY AT LINEBAUGH AVENUE, JUNE 13, 2:11 P.M.: A northbound 1995 Toyota rear-ended a 1991 Buick. The Toyota driver, a 44-year-old man, was charged with careless driving.
15. FLORIDA AVENUE AT FLETCHER AVENUE, JUNE 13, 3:21 P.M.: A 1987 Chevrolet van turned left into the path of a 1994 Chevrolet. The 1987 Chevrolet driver, a 56-year-old man, was charged with turning left in front of approaching traffic.
16. PLANTATION OAKS DRIVE AT AMBERLY DRIVE, JUNE 14, 12 P.M.: An unknown vehicle hit the side of a parked 1998 Ford in a private parking lot and fled.
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111
From the Times