By JORGE SANCHEZ
© St. Petersburg Times, published June 30, 2000
A quick glance
- Rock Crusher Canyon, 275 S Rock Crusher Road, Crystal River: Razz Ma Tazz! Americana Style will be from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at the Garden Pavilion. Banjo wizard Johnny Baier will lead his Dixieland band in a special show of American patriotic tunes. Songs of the Old South, Stephen Foster, military ballads and Broadway showtunes from Showboat, Oklahoma and The Music Man will be performed. The show will also include audience sing-alongs. Admission is $5. Comedian John Charles performs today. Admission is $5. Call 795-1313.
- Turner Fish Camp 3033 N Hooty Point, Inverness: Fish fry Sunday. Bring a covered dish to share and Turner's kitchen staff will supply the fried fish. Country music from the Minus One Band begins at 3 p.m. and mealtime is 5 p.m. Call 726-0085.
- Nature's Resorts 10359 W Halls River Road, Homosassa: Live music Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. at the clubhouse and 8 to 11 at the marina. Weekend events include a double-deck hayride, plastic duck races on the Hommosassa River and bike parade Saturday. Barbecue burgers and hot dogs available. Call 628-0065.
- Camp N' Water Outdoor Resort 11465 Priest Lane, Homosassa: Barbecue ribs and chicken Saturday at 6 p.m. for campers and guests. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish to share. Live music Saturday night. Call 628-2000.
- Manatee Lanes, State Road 44, Crystal River: Open bowling on Independence Day from noon to 8 p.m. Special rock music show, drink and food specials.
- Italian Social Club of Citrus County, 1305 E County Road 486, Hernando. Barbecue from 2 to 6 p.m. Sunday. Menu is chicken, sausage, peppers and onions, hot dogs and hamburgers. Cost is $7. Other activities include karaoke from 2 to 6 p.m. Call 726-1328.
Back to Citrus County news
© St. Petersburg Times. All rights reserved.