Art: Best bets
By MARY ANN MARGER
© St. Petersburg Times,
published July 5, 2001
Art critic Mary Ann Marger's recommendations for this weekend. Please refer to the Art Calendar for details.
* * *
- Venus de Milo in Twentieth Century Art -- The armless icon, as she appears in fine art and popular culture, gets full treatment at the Salvador Dali Museum.
- Contemporary Art from Cuba -- The challenges of life in Cuba inspire the work of 16 artists who have chosen to remain there. University of South Florida Contemporary Art Museum.
- The Biggest by the Best for a Buck -- Giant paintings by bay area great James Rosenquist join other shows at the Tampa Museum of Art. Admission is just $1 in July.
- Bak, Terwilliger -- Two powerful one-person shows at the Florida Holocaust Museum join permanent installation to say, "Never forget."
- Clay Rocks! -- Florida Craftsmen presents a juried show of 26 ceramists from across the state. Opening reception Friday.
Mark your calendar for these art events.
- July 22-23 -- Cool Art Festival. USF, St. Petersburg; (727) 556-0550.
Back to Weekend
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111