What to expect at Tampa International Airport:
1) No curbside check-in will be allowed. All passengers with baggage will be required to check in at the ticket counter.
2) All cars will be inspected at a designated lane at the entrance to the short-term parking garage. Long term-parking will not have inspections.
3) Ticket agents will probably follow normal ticketing and check-in procedures unless otherwise instructed by their company. IDs will be checked.
4) Security patrols will be increased and random ID checks on employees and contractors will be performed.
5) Only ticketholders will be allowed to board the trams to the airside terminals. Checkpoints will be set up at each shuttle lobby to check for IDs and tickets.
6) X-ray machines at each airside terminal will scan for any knife-like or other objects that are considered dangerous. No knives of any size will be permitted on planes.
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111
From the Times wire desk
From the AP