Overdose kills man; brother in hospital
By Times staff writer
© St. Petersburg Times, published November 6, 2000
ST. PETERSBURG -- A 37-year-old man died and his older brother was hospitalized after drug overdoses Sunday.
Sheriff's investigators think Richard Bratz purchased cocaine after dropping off a friend at church about 8 a.m. He and his brother Ronald Bratz, 48, then "began to cook it up and shoot up" at their home at 2701 50th Ave., lot 113, in St. Petersburg, said Marianne Pasha, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman.
After they both passed out, Ronald Bratz woke up about 11 a.m. vomiting blood and was unable to awaken his brother. Ronald Bratz called 911 and was taken to Northside Hospital. His brother was pronounced dead at the home.
The hospital would not release Ronald Bratz's condition. Investigators would like to know where the drugs were purchased and whether anything was mixed with the cocaine.
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111