By Times staff writer
© St. Petersburg Times, published November 12, 2000
The BayWalk entertainment/retail complex, between Second and Third avenues N and First and Second streets in downtown St. Petersburg, opens Friday:
- Approximately half of the 25 tenants will be ready, while the others will open in December, January and February. Though construction continues in some of the stores, the courtyard will be open and accessible.
- Hours for BayWalk 20, the movie house, are 10 a.m. to midnight weekdays and 9 a.m. to 3 a.m. weekends.
- Movie tickets may be purchased by telephone at 502-0965 (although this line will not be operational until Wednesday), on the Internet at http://muvico.com, from automatic machines in front of the theater and at the box office.
- Child care for ages 3-8 is available at Muvico for theater patrons. The cost is an adult movie ticket for the first child and $4 per additional child. Maximum time in child care is three hours.
- General store hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon to 11 p.m. Sunday. Restaurants will have varying hours, since some will be open for breakfast.
- Two automatic teller machines from Huntington Bank are in BayWalk. Users who do not bank with Huntington will be charged $2 per transaction.
- Parking will be available at the Mid-Core Garage, Second Street and First Avenue N. Charges during the day is 50 cents per half-hour with a maximum of $6 until 6 p.m. Free parking in the evening and on weekends will be offered for the first 90 days after BayWalk's opening. After that, evening and weekend parking rates will go to $1 for the first three hours and 50 cents per hour thereafter, up to a maximum of $6.
Back to St. Petersburg area news
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111