[an error occurred while processing this directive]

printer version

Family homeless after fire

By Times staff writer

© St. Petersburg Times, published November 24, 2000


CRYSTAL RIVER -- A mother and two daughters are homeless after a toaster oven caused a fire Wednesday at their apartment on SE Eighth Avenue, police said.

The fire at unit 884 of Ridgeview Apartments, 880 SE Eighth Ave., began shortly after noon, according to a news release from the Crystal River Police Department.

The apartment sustained smoke and fire damage.

Donnett Bunch, who lives at the apartment, said no one was home when the fire began.

The police have attributed it to a faulty toaster.

"My personal belongings got smoked up real bad and I'm out a place to stay," said Bunch, who has two daughters, ages 12 and 16.

The Red Cross is providing the family with lodging.

Back to Pasco County news
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
  • On this day, they are thankful
  • Mother keeps hope for missing daughter
  • Four years after woman's killing, trial set to begin
  • Modern-day art from age-old craft
  • Explorer alumnus becomes officer
  • Give Tampa Bay Water a chance
  • Give direction to area's future professionals
  • Family homeless after fire
  • Facility employee charged with rape of troubled teen
  • Not turkeys in the sky, but some avid divers
  • Shed no tears for loss of Hillsborough opponents
  • Homeowners to foot bill for repaving
  • 'Church on wheels' will settle in
  • 2000 Fall All-SAC team

  •