By Times staff
© St. Petersburg Times, published December 12, 2000
Here is a list of some of the brightest and best holiday lights displays in Hillsborough County this season.
- 101 Mission Hills Ave. Snowman and snowwoman, thousands of lights, Santa and reindeer, candy canes, Santa and elves, illuminated Nativity set.
- 4000 El Prado Blvd. Many lights throughout yard including on large oaks, figures include Santa and sleigh, reindeer and elves, lighted snowmen and candy canes.
- 2922 W Averill Ave. (Bay Hill Estates). About 10,000 lights. Mickey Mouse dressed as Santa, lighted and playing I'll be Home for Christmas. Spirit abounds at this household, where the phone answering machine carries a tape of the homeowners singing We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
- 840 S Boulevard (Hyde Park). Santa and Mrs. Claus with elves, Nativity scene, toy soldiers, candy canes, snowman, music and thousands of lights. "Looks good both day and night."
- 4609 Clifford St. (South Tampa). 20-foot Christmas palm tree, Mr. and Mrs. Santa, sleigh with reindeer, Santa's helpers, cartoon characters, Frosty, life-size manger with angels and star.
- 4117 W Bay Villa Ave. Complete Christmas town and animated doll display, 160 nutcrackers, 6-foot wreath, 6-foot star, Santa, sleigh and deer, Manger scene and 30,000 lights.
- 4126 E 99th Ave. Nativity scene, displays of deer and sleigh, picture window decorated with Christmas dolls.
- 2401 E Linebaugh Ave. Santa on roof, Nativity scene, carolers and other figures, house and driveway edged in light.
- 9238 N Hyaleah Road. 18-foot lighted wreath with more than 1,800 lights and large, lighted red bow. 10200 block of Hyaleah Road. Block of homes with thousands of lights and lighted arches over street.
- 18118 Sweet Jasmine Drive (Misty Creek). Cascading icicles at roofline, homemade decorations, Santa in sled, angels, snowmen, reindeer and manger scene.
- Area near 3407 Hollyhock Way. Lights and figures fill the cul-de-sac at Hunter's Lake subdivision
- 13804 Khilani Court (Carrollwood). Lights, lighted bells and wreaths, sleigh with Santa and reindeer on roof, Nativity scene, lighted carolers and drummer boys and Santa's workshop.
- 5110 and 5112 Nashville Drive. Lots of lights on both houses, lighted Santa, Nativity scene, radio tower, Santa and reindeer flying between the houses.
- 7603 Oakmoor Drive (Twelve Oaks). Handmade, plywood cutouts of elf village, Santa's steam locomotive and three-car trains loaded with toys, large snowwoman and Santa, two nutcracker toy soldiers; garage outlined with 19 candy canes, Santa coming out of chimney with pants on fire and Rudolph with a fire extinguisher; home is outlined in multicolored lights.
- 1724 Oakwald Drive. A Grinch theme complete with Sally Who and the rest of Whoville. Santa with sleigh and reindeer, 8-foot bear, caroling bears in yard and two lighted nutcrackers.
- 927 Benninger Drive. Manger scene, lighted Santa and reindeer on roof, drummer boys and lights.
- 7244 Alafia Ridge Loop. Rudolph figure and white Christmas tree.
- 5403 E Mobile Villa Drive. Mobile home decorated with lights, figures in yard include Santa and sleigh, Nativity scene, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, snowman, reindeer, candles, a mouse, candy canes, lighted angels, bears, a gingerbread tree, elves and soldiers.
- 13005 Glen Eagles Place. Live Santa on roof 6:30-8:30 p.m. Dec. 16-24.
- 2539 Regal River Road, Valrico. Handmade Santa and reindeer, snowman and snowwoman, elves throughout yard, gingerbread house, large Christmas tree, carolers, forest animals, polar bear and penguin delivering mail, Nativity scene, lights all over house and yard, lighted archways, soldiers outline yard and music plays in background. Mrs. Claus will distribute candy and cookies to children from dusk to 9 p.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights till Christmas.
- 9711 Riverview Drive. Different themes throughout yard, gingerbread men, animated animals, candy canes, lighted toy soldiers, 20-foot lighted Christmas tree, about 10,000 lights.
- 6810 Spencer Circle. Lots of lights, figures include Santa and Mrs. Claus, elves, angel, lighted manger scene, Santa on roof with reindeer, candy canes, lighted Christmas tree lot and music.
Back to Tampa area news
© 2006 • All Rights Reserved • Tampa Bay Times
490 First Avenue South St. Petersburg, FL 33701 727-893-8111