World & Nation
Home & Garden
The following are various new additions to our site, with the newest additions shown first.
- Campaign 2000 -- Follow the local, state and national races for office with coverage from the Times writers and columnists.
- Skyway Bridge virtual reality -- How would you like to see what the Skyway Bridge looks like from the very top? Well, thanks to our virtual reality, you can look down, spin around and even look up. See what very few people have experienced.
- School bus schedules -- You can now get school bus schedules online for several counties in an easy-to-use searchable format.
- Movie theater virtual reality -- Veterans 24, Tampas new, giant AMC movie theater, has placed online various virtual reality shots of the theater and lobby.
- Wade Boggs tribute -- Go to our special tribute page to wish Boggs well, view photos from his life & career and to try out our trivia contest.
- Online police beat -- The police beat on the St. Petersburg Times Website continues to be one of the fastest growing areas that readers visit.
- Online poll -- The topic changes every monday. Voice your opinion online and see how the rest of the sptimes.com visitors felt about previous issues.
- Job Center - Looking for a job? Come to our new employment site with listings from various companies in the area.
- Mortgage Site - If you're thinking of buying a home, come to this site to get the latest rate quotes from lenders in Florida. In fact, the rates are so current that you'll actually see the time of the day the rates were posted. Come to the site to also get market commentary, use onscreen calculators and grade your own credit.
- New Archive Search - Now you can not only search our archives by keyword but also re-create a particular day's paper by simply typing in a date. Seconds later, presto! You get to see how the paper looked online on that day.
- Love Stories -- In a frank and often funny seven-part series, the Times explores real love - its wobbly beginnings, challenges and complications. Come see why this site has made some readers laugh and yet made others mad.
- Comics & Games - We've added 20 new comics and a new crossword puzzle, as well as created links to the many games on our site.
- AT&T Digital OneRate -- With AT&T Digital OneRate, roaming and long distance charges are a thing of the past. Every call is like a local call -- all 50 states. It's so simple and affordable. Your wireless phone may become your only phone.
- Florida International Museum -- You can get $2 off your online registration for Empires of Mystery. Valid until March 31, 1999. Go to the site to print a coupon.
- Remax Advantage Realty Of Hernando County -- Search more than 400 homes or learn what your present home is worth from Remax Advantage Realty.
- TECHSTAFF -- The technical Placement Specialists provide exceptional service to our applicants and clients. TECHSTAFF is the leader in both permanent and contract technical placement.
- Ruth Eckerd Hall -- Order tickets online for some of the best shows in the state and take a virtual reality tour all at one site.
- Jim Quinlan Chevrolet - Browse the site for information about new vehicles or to see the wide selection of pre-owned vehicles on the lot. Jim Quinlan Chevrolet also offers valuable specials and incentives, especially for online customers.
- Destinations Everywhere - Destinations Everywhere is a full service travel agency providing professional and experienced travel advice to corporate and leisure clients for more than 16 years.
- Bobby Allison Wireless -- Search for the cellular phone and service plan that's right for you. You may even win an autographed Bobby Allison T-shirt.
- Gator Ford -- Find the new or used truck or sports utility vehicle you're looking for from West Central Florida's largest Ford and Sterling truck dealership.
- Villages of Citrus Hills -- This West Central Florida community offers restaurants, country club social activities, golf courses and many other amenities in an area of Florida with unspoiled natural beauty, fresh water springs and high elevation.
© Copyright 1999 St. Petersburg Times. All rights reserved.